Tuesday, August 29, 2023

Teach Me Your Way, O LORD - Psalms 27:11

In Psalms chapter twenty-seven David said to Jehovah God, “Hide not your face far from me; put not your servant away in anger: you have been my help; leave me not, neither forsake me, O God of my salvation. When my father and my mother forsake me, then the LORD will take me up” and in chapter twenty seven and verse eleven of Psalms David said, “Teach me your way, O LORD”, where we read,

Teach me your way, O LORD, and lead me in a plain path, because of my enemies.

The verse begins, Teach me your way, O LORD, ...”. David began with the words, “Teach me” which means “direct, instruct and show me, David” “your way” or “Jehovah God's path, roadway, direction and course of life”, “O LORD” which means “O Jehovah who is the existing One and the proper name for the One True God”. David wanted Jehovah God to instruct and direct him according to His Divine plan for his life.

The verse continues, “... and lead me in a plain path, because of my enemies.” David added the words, “and lead me” or “and guide me, David” “in a plain path” which means “within a level, upright and straight concord, roadway or passing of life”, “because of my enemies” or “since, in view, to the purpose and intent of my, David's, hating adversaries and foes”. David appealed to Jehovah God to guide him in a straight and upright passing of his life since the adversaries who hated him would attempt to alter his course.


When we consider the words in this verse, we see how David was dependent upon Jehovah God to guide him because his hating adversaries were against him. David knew God is omnipotent, omniscient and omnipresent, and there was no better choice than Jehovah upon which to rely for the direction of his life. God would defend David against those who hated him, and He will do the same for us when we surrender our lives to His Son Jesus as our personal “Savior and Lord”. God loves us, and He wants to lead and guide us according to His plan for our lives. He shall forgive us of our sins, grant us everlasting life with Him and defend us against our “enemies”. We should have no greater desire than to have Jehovah God guide us in our course of life and to defend us against our “enemies”.

Next time David says, Deliver me not over unto the will of my enemies, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment