Thursday, August 24, 2023

O Keep My Soul - Psalms 25:20

In Psalms chapter twenty-five David said, “Consider my enemies; for they are many; and they hate me with cruel hatred”, and in chapter twenty five and verse twenty of Psalms David said, “O keep my soul” where we read,

O keep my soul, and deliver me: let me not be ashamed; for I put my trust in you.

The verse begins, O keep my soul, and deliver me:” David began with the words, “O keep my soul” which means “O guard, protect and watch over my, David's, self, inner man, mind, will, appetite, desires, emotions and passions”, “and deliver me” or “and rescue, liberate and save me, David”. David appealed to Jehovah God to watch over and guard his inner being and rescue and liberate him from the enemies who hated him.

The verse goes on to say,let me not be ashamed; for I put my trust in you.” David continued with the words, “let me not be ashamed” or “permit and allow me, David, in no way or manner to be put to shame, disconcerted and disappointed”; “for I put” which means “because, since and on account that I, David, set, place, fix and establish” “my trust in you” or “my, David's, refuge, protection, confidence and hope in you, Jehovah God”. David asked Jehovah God not to allow him to be put to shame because he placed and set his faith, confidence and hope within Jehovah God.

When we think through the words in this verse, we see how David knew who to go to with the troubles caused by his enemies. Jehovah God would indeed watch over and guard David's inner being, and He would rescue and liberate him from the onslaughts against him. David knew there was potential for him to be “shamed”, and he asked Jehovah God not to permit it because David placed his faith and confidence in the “LORD”. God loved David, and He loves every person. He desires to have a personal relationship with us through His Son Jesus, and He sent Jesus into the world to die on the cross for the sins of all mankind. When we submit ourselves to Jesus, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and watch over us every day of our lives. Let us give praise and honor to Jehovah God for His provision for all mankind and align with His way by calling out to Him in faith.

Next time David says, “Let integrity and uprightness preserve me, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment