Sunday, August 13, 2023

Poured Out Like Water and Bones Out of Joint - Psalms 22:14

In Psalms chapter twenty-two David appealed to Jehovah God saying, “Be not far from me; for trouble is near; for there is none to help. Many bulls have compassed me: strong bulls of Bashan have beset me round. They gaped upon me with their mouths, as a ravening and a roaring lion, and in chapter twenty two and verse fourteen of Psalms David said,I am poured out like water, and all my bones are out of joint where we read,

I am poured out like water, and all my bones are out of joint:

my heart is like wax; it is melted in the midst of my bowels.

The verse begins, “I am poured out like water, and all my bones are out of joint: David began with the words, “I am poured out like water” which means “I, David, am spilled, expended and shed forth as waste water”, “and all my bones are out of joint” or “and each, every, the whole and everyone of my, David's, limbs, members and bones of the body are separated, divided, stretched and apart”. David said he was spilled and expended like waste water and each of his bones were separated and divided.

The verse goes on to say, “my heart is like wax; it is melted in the midst of my bowels. David continued with the words, “my heart” or “my, David's, inner man, mind, will, understanding and soul” “is like wax” which means “exists as lipid and similar to wax”; “it is melted” or “David's heart is dissolved, vanished and wasted away” “in the midst of my bowels” which means “within the middle or center part of his inward parts, intestines or digestive organs”. David wrote how his “inner man and soul” was dissolved like melted wax into his intestines or digestive organs.

When we meditate upon the words in this verse, we learn how David felt within himself as he experienced troubles, and this again is a picture of what it was like for Jesus Christ as He hung on the cross. Jesus experienced the excruciating pain physically from the crucifixion as He was “poured out like water”. His bones became disjointed and His physical heart was pierced and shed forth water and blood. (See John 19:28- 34) Jesus suffered not only physically, but also mentally and spiritually as He took upon Himself the sins of the entire world. (See 2 Corinthians 5:21) Jehovah God desired to have a personal relationship with every person who believes and trusts in His Son Jesus, and when we submit to Jesus, He will forgive our sins and grant us everlasting life with Him. All praise and glory be unto Jehovah God for allowing His Son Jesus to suffer such horrible conditions so we may live with Him forever.

Next time David says, “My strength is dried up like a potsherd, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment