Saturday, August 26, 2023

I Will Walk in My Integrity - Psalms 26:11

In Psalms chapter twenty-six David said, “Gather not my soul with sinners, nor my life with bloody men. In whose hands is mischief, and their right hand is full of bribes”, and in chapter twenty six and verse eleven of Psalms David said, “I will walk in my integrity” where we read,

But as for me, I will walk in my integrity: redeem me, and be merciful unto me.

The verse begins, But as for me, I will walk in my integrity:”. David began with the words, “But as for me” which means “however, nonetheless, notwithstanding and moreover pertaining to me, David”, “I will walk” or “I, David will amble about, proceed and go about” “in my integrity” which means “within my, David's, completeness, fullness, innocence and simplicity”. David said when considering his own self, he would make his way with innocence and simplicity.

The verse continues,redeem me, and be merciful unto me.” David added the words, “redeem me” or “rescue, deliver and ransom me, David”, “and be merciful” which means “and be gracious, pity and show favor” “unto me” or “to me, David”. David appealed to Jehovah God to rescue, be gracious and show favor to him.

When we consider the words in this verse, we see how David believed that he live with fullness, innocence and simplicity, so he beckoned the LORD to rescue, deliver, be gracious and to show him favor. David knew Jehovah God was aware of his innocence, however, he also knew it was in his best interest to have Jehovah rescue and deliver him. David needed the grace and favor of God. God's grace, lovingkindness or unmerited favor will be extended to every person who believes and trusts in His Son Jesus as their personal “Savior and Lord”, and when we yield to Him, He will forgive us of our sins, grant us everlasting life and extend His grace or “unmerited favor” to us. Praise be unto Jehovah God who knows us thoroughly and is willing to provide what we need to live with Him forever.

Next time David says, “My foot stands in an even place, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment