Tuesday, August 15, 2023

Save Me From the Lion's Mouth - Psalms 22:21

In Psalms chapter twenty-two David continued his appeal to Jehovah God by saying, “dogs have compassed me: the assembly of the wicked have enclosed me: they pierced my hands and my feet. I may tell all my bones: they look and stare upon me. They part my garments among them, and cast lots upon my vesture. But be not you far from me, O LORD: O my strength, haste you to help me. Deliver my soul from the sword; my darling from the power of the dog, and in chapter twenty two and verse twenty-one of Psalms David said, “Save me from the lion's mouth” where we read,

Save me from the lion's mouth: for you have heard me from the horns of the unicorns.

The verse begins, Save me from the lion's mouth:” David began with the words, “Save me” which means “rescue, deliver and make me, David, safe” “from the lion's mouth” or “separate and apart from the orifice in the face of a young lion in the sense of violence”. David asked Jehovah God to rescue him from the “lion” like people who spoke against him.

The verse continues,for you have heard me from the horns of the unicorns.” David added the words, “for you have heard me” or “because, since and on account that you, Jehovah God, have answered, responded to and paid attention to me, David” “from the horns” which means “apart and separate from the horns or strength” “of the unicorns” or “belonging to the great aurochs or wild bulls”. David said Jehovah God responded to him apart from the power of the wild oxen or bulls who were speaking against him.

When we think through the words in this verse, we see how David appealed to Jehovah God to rescue him from the power of the “wild beasts” who were against him because he knew God paid attention to him. Jesus knew this idea as well. He died on the cross for the sins of the world, and as He was dying, people with “power and authority” spoke and railed against Him. Jesus died, but was raised from the grave after three days. Now everyone who believes and trusts in Him as their personal “Savior and Lord” will be forgiven of their sins and granted everlasting life with God. Praise be unto Jehovah God for hearing us when we cry out to Him, and may we shall spend all eternity giving Him thanks for His willingness to respond when we do.

Next time David says, “I will declare your name unto my brethren, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment