Monday, August 28, 2023

Head Lifted Up Above Enemies - Psalms 27:6

In Psalms chapter twenty-seven David said, “One thing have I desired of the LORD, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to inquire in his temple. For in the time of trouble he shall hide me in his pavilion: in the secret of his tabernacle shall he hide me; he shall set me up upon a rock” and in chapter twenty seven and verse six of Psalms David said, “and now shall my head be lifted up above my enemies” where we read,

And now shall my head be lifted up above my enemies round about me:

therefore will I offer in his tabernacle sacrifices of joy; I will sing, yes, I will sing praises unto the LORD.

The verse begins, And now shall my head be lifted up above my enemies round about me:”. David began with the words, “And now shall my head” which means “and from this time forth and straightway will my, David's, physical head, summit, upper part and top” “be lifted up” or “be raised and exalted” “above my enemies” which means “over and beyond my, David's, hating adversaries and foes” “round about me” or “in circuit from every side and surrounding me, David”. David said his summit and upper part would be exalted above all the adversaries and foes who hated and surrounded him.

The verse goes on to say,therefore will I offer in his tabernacle sacrifices of joy; I will sing, yes, I will sing praises unto the LORD.” David continued with the words, “therefore will I offer” or “then, wherefore and on this account shall I, David, slaughter and sacrifice” “in his tabernacle” which means “within his, Jehovah God's, sacred tent, dwelling, habitation and home” “sacrifices of joy” or “slaughters and offerings pertaining to loud noises of jubilee, rejoicing and shouting”; “I will sing” which means “I, David, shall make noise with strolling minstrelsy”, “yes, I will sing praises” or “also, even so and indeed shall I, David, make noise with strolling minstrelsy with honor, glory and reverence with a voice or musical instrument” “unto the LORD” which means “toward Jehovah who is the existing One and the proper name of the One True God”. David resolved to make sacrifices and offerings of rejoicing within Jehovah God's sacred dwelling place, and he said he would “sing” words of praise, honor and glory unto Jehovah God.

When we meditate upon the words in this verse, we learn how David responded to Jehovah God's provision and protection. David knew God would protect him from his “enemies”, so he responded by presenting Him with songs of “praise and glory” in His dwelling place. David loved to sing, play instruments and loudly rejoice as he worshiped the LORD for who He was in His life. Jehovah God desires a personal relationship with every person, and He sent His Son Jesus Christ into the world to die on the cross for the sins of all mankind. This allows everyone to have an opportunity to receive Him as “Savior and Lord”, and when we do, He will forgive our sins and grant us everlasting life with Him in Heaven. Let us join with David and “sing praises unto the LORD” for His willingness to lift us up above our foes and adversaries who treat us in an odious manner.

Next time David says Hear, O LORD, when I cry with my voice, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment