Wednesday, August 23, 2023

Look Upon My Affliction and Pain - Psalms 25:18

In Psalms chapter twenty-five David said to Jehovah God, “The troubles of my heart are enlarged: O bring you me out of my distresses”, and in chapter twenty five and verse eighteen of Psalms David said, “Look upon my affliction and my pain” where we read,

Look upon my affliction and my pain; and forgive all my sins.

The verse begins, Look upon my affliction and my pain;” David began with the words, “Look upon my affliction” which means “inspect, perceive and consider my, David's, poverty, misery and trouble” “and my pain” or “and my, David's, toil, mischief and labor”. David beckoned Jehovah God to observe his poverty, misery, mischief and labor.

The verse goes on to say,and forgive all my sins.” David continued with the words, “and forgive” or “and pardon, sustain and carry off” “all my sins” which means “each, every, the whole and everyone of my, David's, offenses and ceremonial uncleanness”. David wanted Jehovah God to pardon and carry off “all” his offenses and uncleanness.

When we meditate upon the words in this verse, we learn how David appealed to Jehovah God to observe his misery, trouble, toils and labors, and he wanted Him to “pardon” each of his errors and wrongs. David was experiencing troubles and difficulties which were miserable, and it's as though he knew he was the cause of them. God knows us and loves us, and He observes all the troubles we endure. He is willing to “pardon” all our sins when we submit to His Son Jesus. Jesus died on the cross for the sins of the world, and when we believe and trust in Him, we will be forgiven of our sins and granted everlasting life with Him. Let Jehovah God be praised for observing our troubles and His willingness to “forgive” us of all our errors and wrongs.

Next time David says, “Consider my enemies, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment