Sunday, August 27, 2023

Enemies Stumbling and Falling - Psalms 27:2

In Psalms chapter twenty-seven David said, “The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?” and in chapter twenty seven and verse two of Psalms David shared how his “enemies … stumbled and fell” where we read,

When the wicked, even my enemies and my foes, came upon me to eat up my flesh,

they stumbled and fell.

The verse begins, When the wicked, even my enemies and my foes, came upon me to eat up my flesh, ...”. David began with the words, “When the wicked” which means “at the time and moment people whether male or female who are evil, injurious, mischievous and bad”, “even my enemies” or “also and indeed my, David's, hating adversaries” “and my foes” which means “and my, David's, hostile and hateful opponents”, “came upon me” or “approached and drew near to me, David” “to eat up my flesh” which means “to devour, burn up and consume my, David's, fleshly body” the following occurred. David recalled the time that people who were evil and mischievous approached him so they might destroy his fleshly body, and the following happened.

The verse goes on to say,they stumbled and fell.” David continued with the words, “they stumbled” or “the wicked people who were David's enemies and foes staggered, tottered, were bereaved and made weak” “and fell” which means “and were cast down, wasted away and made inferior”. David shared how the wicked people who were his hateful adversaries and foes staggered, tottered and were made weak and cast down when they approached David to destroy him.

When we consider the words in this verse, we see how David relied upon Jehovah God to contend with his enemies. David knew he had no security other than in God, and he needed no other. Jehovah God is the Creator of the Universe. He made everything, and He is more than capable of keeping those who put their faith and trust in Him. He sent His Son Jesus to the world to die on the cross for the sins of mankind, and when we receive Jesus into our lives, He becomes our security, provision and protection as we live on the earth. We shall give Him praise for all eternity for the forgiveness of our sins, bringing us into a personal relationship with Him, and stumbling any opposing foe who rises up against us.

Next time David says Though an host should encamp against me, my heart shall not fear, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment