Monday, August 14, 2023

Deliver My Soul From the Sword - Psalms 22:20

In Psalms chapter twenty-two David appealed to Jehovah God saying, “dogs have compassed me: the assembly of the wicked have enclosed me: they pierced my hands and my feet. I may tell all my bones: they look and stare upon me. They part my garments among them, and cast lots upon my vesture. But be not you far from me, O LORD: O my strength, haste you to help me, and in chapter twenty two and verse twenty of Psalms David said, “Deliver my soul from the sword” where we read,

Deliver my soul from the sword; my darling from the power of the dog.

The verse begins, Deliver my soul from the sword;” David began with the words, “Deliver my soul” which means “snatch and tear away my, David's, inner man, self, appetite, living, emotion and passion” “from the sword” or “apart and separated from the knife, axe, dagger or mattock”. David asked Jehovah God to rescue and save his life, passion and inner being from the knife, dagger and mattock.

The verse goes on to say,my darling from the power of the dog.” David continued with the words, “my darling” or “my, David's, only, solitary and unique begotten son” “from the power” which means “apart and separate from the hand, strength and support” “of the dog” or “belonging to the cult prostitute”. David referred to having his solitary “son” delivered and rescued from the cult prostitute.

When we meditate upon the words in this verse, we see how David relied upon Jehovah God for being rescued and saved from the knife and dagger of his enemies, and that his only begotten son would be saved from the might and strength of the cult prostitute. David spoke prophetically about Jesus Christ who is God's only begotten Son and Messiah, and He was to be rescued from the people who were following a false religion and hope. God desires to have a personal relationship with every person through His Son Jesus, and because Jesus died on the cross for the sins of the world, He provided access to Him when we believe and trust in Him. God loves us, and He delivered Jesus from death, hell and the grave so we may be able to live forever with Him. (See Revelation 1:18)

Next time David says, “Save me from the lion's mouth, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".









 

No comments:

Post a Comment