Monday, August 14, 2023

Telling All My Bones - Psalms 22:17

In Psalms chapter twenty-two David appealed to Jehovah God saying, “dogs have compassed me: the assembly of the wicked have enclosed me: they pierced my hands and my feet, and in chapter twenty two and verse seventeen of Psalms David said, “I may tell all my bones” where we read,

I may tell all my bones: they look and stare upon me.

The verse begins, I may tell all my bones:” David began with the words, “I may tell” which means “I, David, am able to count, number and reckon” “all my bones” or “each, every, the whole and everyone of my, David's, physical bones”. David said he was able to number each and every one of his bones.

The verse continues,they look and stare upon me.” David added the words, “they look” or “the dogs who compassed David regard, pay attention to and consider” “and stare” which means “and the dogs who compassed David inspect, perceive, watch and observe” “upon me” or “on me, David”. David told how the dog who surrounded him gazed upon and intently observed him.

When we meditate upon the words in this verse, we see how David was able to account for all the “bones” in his body as the people who surrounded him paid attention to and observed him. This was also true of Jesus as He hung on the cross. People surrounded Jesus. They looked at Jesus, and they observed Him as He was dying for the sins of the world. David was giving an account of his own experience with the “dogs” or cultish prostitutes who encompassed him, but he was also speaking prophetically about the Messiah Jesus. God desired to have a personal relationship with every person through His Son Jesus, and not one of His bones were broken in the process. (See Psalms 34:20; John 19:33, 36) Jehovah God is to be praised and honored for giving and fulfilling this prophesy through David, and when we submit to Him, we will be forgiven of our sins and granted everlasting life with God.

Next time David says, “They part my garments among them, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment