Friday, August 18, 2023

Goodness and Mercy Following Me - Psalms 23:6

In Psalms chapter twenty-three David said, “the LORD is my shepherd: I shall not want. He makes me to lie down in green pastures: he leads me beside the still waters. He restores my soul: he leads me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yes, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for you are with me; your rod and your staff they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies: you anoint my head with oil; my cup runs over”, and in chapter twenty three and verse six of Psalms David said, “Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life” where we read,

Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life:

and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.

The verse begins, Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life:” David began with the words, “Surely goodness” which means “Indeed, surely and wherefore prosperity, wealth, beauty, favor and gladness” “and mercy” or “and lovingkindness, favor, pity, kindness and faithfulness” “shall follow me” which means “will pursue, run after and attend closely to me, David” “all the days” or “each, every, the whole and everyone of the mornings and evenings” “of my life” which means “belonging to my, David's, living, sustenance and maintenance”. David declared how Jehovah God's prosperity, wealth and favor as well as his lovingkindness and faithfulness would pursue him each and every day that he lived.

The verse goes on to say,and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.” David continued with the words, “and I will dwell” or “and I, David, shall remain, sit and stay” “in the house” which means “within the dwelling, habitation, shelter and abode” “of the LORD” or “belonging to Jehovah who is the existing One and the proper name for the One True God” “forever” which means “at length, unto forbearance and eternal length of time”. David said he would abide in Jehovah God's shelter and habitation unto perpetuity.

When we think through the words in this verse, we learn through David more of the benefits he gained through a relationship with Jehovah God. He knew God's “prosperity and favor” as well as his “lovingkindness and faithfulness” would pursue him every day of his life, and he was promised to remain within Jehovah's abode forever and ever. God loves people, and He sent His Son Jesus to die on the cross to pay for the sins of all mankind so they could be in a relationship with Him while they live on earth and throughout all eternity. Let Jehovah God be praise for His willingness to bless us and live with us forever.

Next time we begin a new chapter and see David say, “The earth is the LORD'S, and the fullness thereof, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".









 

No comments:

Post a Comment