Thursday, August 17, 2023

He Restores My Soul - Psalms 23:3

In Psalms chapter twenty-three David said, “the LORD is my shepherd: I shall not want. He makes me to lie down in green pastures: he leads me beside the still waters”, and in chapter twenty three and verse three of Psalms David said, “He restores my soul” where we read,

He restores my soul: he leads me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

The verse begins, He restores my soul:” David began with the words, “he restores” which means “he, Jehovah God, turns back, refreshes and repairs” “my soul” or “my, David's, self, life, appetite, mind, desire, emotion and passion”. David said Jehovah God refreshed his desires, emotions and passions.

The verse continues,he leads me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.” David added the words, “he leads me” or “he, Jehovah God, guides and brings me, David” “in the paths of righteousness” which means “into the entrenchment, track or trench pertaining to justice, rightness, equity and prosperity” “for his name's sake” or “on behalf of his, Jehovah God's, purpose, intent, account and end”. David wrote how Jehovah God guided him within the track of justice and prosperity according to His own purpose and intention.

When we consider the words in this verse, we learn how David understood that Jehovah God was responsible for the refreshing of his mind, will and emotions, and He guided him toward the entrenchment of justice and right. Jehovah did these things according to His purposes and intent, and the same is true with His plan of salvation for mankind. “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in him should not perish, but have everlasting life”, (See John 3:16), and when we yield ourselves to Jesus, He will forgive our sins and grant us everlasting life with Him. Jehovah God is to be praised and honored for the restoration of our souls and guiding us toward His purposes and plans for our lives.

Next time David says, “Yes, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment