Sunday, August 20, 2023

Show Me Your Ways - Psalms 25:4

In Psalms chapter twenty-five David said,Unto you, O LORD, do I lift up my soul. O my God, I trust in you: let me not be ashamed, let not my enemies triumph over me. Yes, let none that wait on you be ashamed: let them be ashamed which transgress without cause”, and in chapter twenty five and verse four of Psalms David said, “Show me your ways, O LORD” where we read,

Show me your ways, O LORD; teach me your paths.

The verse begins, Show me your ways, O LORD;” David began with the words, “Show me your ways” which means “Allow me, David, to perceive, see, understand, discriminate, distinguish and recognize your, Jehovah God's, course, direction and path of life”, “O LORD” or “O Jehovah who is the existing One and the proper name for the One True God”. David desired for Jehovah God to allow him to perceive and discriminate his course and path of life.

The verse goes on to say,teach me your paths.” David continued with the words, “teach me” or “train, instruct and goad me, David, toward” “your paths” which means “your, Jehovah God's, way of living and passing of life”. David wanted Jehovah God to instruct him in His way of living.

When we think through the words in this verse, we see how it was important for David to know Jehovah God's course for his life, and he wanted God to instruct him according to His way to live. David knew Jehovah God understood the best path for his life, and when he yielded himself to Him, His way of living would be an advantage. God knows and loves every person, and He has a plan for our lives. He sent His Son Jesus to die on the cross for our sins, and as we yield ourselves to Him, He will forgive us of our sins, grant us everlasting life and guide us by His Holy Spirit all the days of our life. This becomes available to us as we surrender our lives to Jesus, and we cannot improve upon the willingness of the LORD to “show” us His “ways” and “teach” us His “paths”.

Next time David says, “Lead me in your truth, and teach me, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment