Tuesday, August 29, 2023

When Father and Mother Forsake Me - Psalms 27:10

In Psalms chapter twenty-seven David said to Jehovah God, “Hide not your face far from me; put not your servant away in anger: you have been my help; leave me not, neither forsake me, O God of my salvation” and in chapter twenty seven and verse ten of Psalms David shared what happens, “When my father and my mother forsake me” where we read,

When my father and my mother forsake me, then the LORD will take me up.

The verse begins, When my father and my mother forsake me, ...”. David began with the words, “When my father” which means “at the time and moment my, David's, immediate male patriarch, generator and ancestor” “and my mother” or “and my, David's, immediate female matriarch, generator and ancestor” “forsake me” which means “leave, abandon or desert me, David,” the following would occur. David declared at the time and moment his parents abandoned him, the following would happen.

The verse goes on to say, “...then the LORD will take me up.” David continued with the words, “then the LORD” or “at that time Jehovah who is the existing One and the proper name for the One True God” “will take me up” which means “shall gather, collect and assemble me, David”. David wrote how Jehovah God would gather him in when his parents abandon him.

When we think through the words in this verse, we discover how intimate the relationship was between David and Jehovah God. David knew at the time his own parents would leave or depart from him, Jehovah God would gather him to Himself. Sometimes parents abandon their children for various reasons of which one is death, and when a child is left “alone in this world”, they can be assured that Jehovah God will receive and watch over them. We are ultimately God's creation, and although He chose our parents to bring us to life, He is our ultimate guardian especially when we surrender to His Son Jesus who died on the cross for our sins. God desires an intimate relationship with everyone who comes to Him through Jesus, and when we do, He will forgive our sins, grant us eternal life and watch over us every day of our lives on earth and in Heaven even when our parents leave us.

Next time David says, Teach me your way, O LORD, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment