Thursday, August 24, 2023

Judge Me, O LORD - Psalms 26:1

Psalms chapter twenty-six begins with the heading, “[[A Psalm of David.]]” which breaks down, “A Psalm” or “a melody of a poem set to notes and played with a musical instrument “of David” which means “”, and in chapter twenty six and verse one of Psalms David said, “Judge me, O LORD; for I have walked in my integrity” where we read,

Judge me, O LORD; for I have walked in my integrity:

I have trusted also in the LORD; therefore I shall not slide.

The verse begins, Judge me, O LORD; for I have walked in my integrity:”. David began with the words, “Judge me” which means “govern over, vindicate and punish me, David, O Jehovah who is the existing One and the proper name for the One True God” “for I have walked” or “because, since and on account that I, David, have proceeded, moved and lived” “in my integrity” which means “within my, David's, completeness, fullness, innocence and simplicity”. David appealed to Jehovah God to govern over and vindicate him because he proceeded through his life in innocence and simplicity.

The verse continues,I have trusted also in the LORD; therefore I shall not slide.” David added the words, “I have trusted also” or “I, David, have even so and indeed been bold, secure and safe” “in the LORD” which means “within Jehovah who is the existing One and the proper name for the One True God”; “therefore” or “then, wherefore and on this account” “I shall not slide” which means “I, David, will in no way and manner slip, totter or shake”. David shared how he put his faith and confidence within Jehovah God, and because of this, he would not slip, totter or shake.

When we think through the words in this verse, we learn how David desired that Jehovah God vindicate him because he, in his own estimation, lived in an innocent and simplistic way. He stated that he put his faith and confidence within Jehovah, and because he did so, he would not slip, totter or shake when troubles arise. God loved David, and David loved God. David put his confidence within Jehovah and lived his life according to God's direction. David's life becomes an example and model for everyone who desires an intimate relationship with Jehovah God. God initiated this relationship by sending His Son Jesus into the world to die for the sins which separated Him from all mankind. When Jesus died on the cross, He paid the price of death for the sins of everyone, (See Romans 6-23) and as we put our faith and trust in Him, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and guide us by His Holy Spirit every day we live. Let us give praise, honor and glory to Jehovah God for preserving us not only in this life, but also in the eternal life to come.

Next time David says, “Examine me, O LORD, and prove me;, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment