Tuesday, August 29, 2023

Not to the Will of My Enemies - Psalms 27:12

In Psalms chapter twenty-seven David said, “Teach me your way, O LORD, and lead me in a plain path, because of my enemies” and in chapter twenty seven and verse twelve of Psalms David said, “Deliver me not over unto the will of my enemies”, where we read,

Deliver me not over unto the will of my enemies:

for false witnesses are risen up against me, and such as breathe out cruelty.

The verse begins, Deliver me not over unto the will of my enemies:”. David began with the words, “Deliver me not” which means “do not give, bestow, grant, permit, consecrate or dedicate me, David” “over unto the will” or “toward the soul, appetite, mind and seat of passions and emotions” “of my enemies” which means “belonging to my, David's, hating adversaries and foes”. David desired that Jehovah God not give him over to the appetite, passions and emotions of the people who hated him.

The verse goes on to say,for false witnesses are risen up against me, and such as breathe out cruelty.” David continued with the words, “for false witnesses” or “because, since and on account that vain, lying, deceptive and disappointing frauds” “are risen up against me” which means “stand up, arise and become powerful in opposition to me, David”, “and such as breathe out cruelty” or “whose breathing, exhaling and puffing out consists of violence, injustice and wrong”. David shared the reason he needed Jehovah God to watch over and protect him was because lying and deceptive people came against him, and these people were so vicious in their violent ways that their every “breath” threatened him with violence, injustice and wrong.

When we meditate upon the words in this verse, we notice how David depended upon Jehovah God for keeping him from the desires of the people who hated him. David knew God was omnipotent, and even through people with fake and untrue testimonies stood up against him, David knew the Lord was stronger. As an example of this, we may remember how David relied upon Jehovah God's power when he faced Goliath as recorded in First Samuel seventeen. God wants to be so intimate with us through His Son Jesus, that when we surrender to Him, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and protect and defend us against any opposition that comes our way.

Next time David says, I had fainted, unless I had believed to see the goodness of the LORD, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment