Tuesday, August 29, 2023

Hear the Voice of My Supplication - Psalms 28:2

In Psalms chapter twenty-eight David said, “Unto you will I cry, O LORD my rock; be not silent to me: lest, if you are silent to me, I become like them that go down into the pit”, and in chapter twenty eight and verse two of Psalms David prayed to Jehovah, “Hear the voice of my supplications, when I cry unto you”, where we read,

Hear the voice of my supplications, when I cry unto you,

when I lift up my hands toward your holy oracle.

The verse begins, Hear the voice of my supplications, when I cry unto you, ...”. David began with the words, “Hear the voice” which means “listen, pay attention to and perceive the sound and noise” “of my supplications” or “pertaining to my, David's, earnest prayer and entreaty”, “when I cry unto you” which means “at the time and moment I, David, halloo and shout aloud for help or freedom from some trouble”. David appealed to Jehovah God to pay attention and listen to his earnest prayers at the time He shouts aloud for His help.

The verse goes on to say, “... when I lift up my hands toward your holy oracle.” David continued with the words, “when I lift up my hands” or “at the time and moment I, David, raise, exalt and bear up my, David's, physical hands” “toward your holy oracle” which means “ in regards and in motion to your, Jehovah God's, sacred, separate and consecrated innermost room of the temple or tabernacle”. David desired that Jehovah God hear him at the time that he raised his physical hands toward the innermost sacred part of God's tabernacle or temple.

When we think through the words in this verse, we see how David appealed to Jehovah God to pay attention to his earnest prayers and entreaties. When David shouted aloud unto God, and when he raised his hands toward God's holy temple, he wanted God to hear him. James the apostle wrote, “The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much” (See James 5:16), and God wants to “hear” our passionate prayers. God loves us, and He sent His Son Jesus to pay the penalty of death on the cross for the sins that separated us from Him. When we put our faith and trust in Jesus, He will forgive our sins and grant us everlasting life with Him, so let us pray earnestly and lift our hands toward God's Holy Throne as we pour out our hearts before Him.

Next time David says, Draw me not away with the wicked, and with the workers of iniquity, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".









 

No comments:

Post a Comment