Monday, August 28, 2023

Hear, O LORD, When I Cry - Psalms 27:7

In Psalms chapter twenty-seven David said, “One thing have I desired of the LORD, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to inquire in his temple. For in the time of trouble he shall hide me in his pavilion: in the secret of his tabernacle shall he hide me; he shall set me up upon a rock. And now shall my head be lifted up above my enemies round about me: therefore will I offer in his tabernacle sacrifices of joy; I will sing, yes, I will sing praises unto the LORD” and in chapter twenty seven and verse seven of Psalms David said, “Hear, O LORD, when I cry with my voice” where we read,

Hear, O LORD, when I cry with my voice: have mercy also upon me, and answer me.

The verse begins, Hear, O LORD, when I cry with my voice:”. David began with the words, “Hear, O LORD” which means “listen to, perceive and give attention O Jehovah who is the existing One and the proper name for the One True God”, “when I cry” or “at the time and moment I, David, utter a loud sound, call out for help and summon” “with my voice” which means “by the use of my, David's, sound, noise and proclamation”. David appealed to Jehovah God to listen and give attention to him at the time he cried aloud with the sounds and proclamations of his “voice”.

The verse continues,have mercy also upon me, and answer me.” David added the words, “have mercy also upon me” or “extend even so and indeed unto me, David, grace, kindness and favor”, “and answer me” which means “and respond and give account to me, David”. David wanted Jehovah God to extend to him grace and favor and to respond to his cry.

When we think through the words in this verse, we see how David cried out to Jehovah God and wanted Him to listen to him. David desired God's “grace, favor and response”. In other word, David desired the attention and lovingkindness of Jehovah God. God loves when people call out to Him, and He made access for them to gain His attention when they believe and trust in His Son Jesus as their personal “Savior and Lord”. Jesus came into the world to die on the cross for the sins of mankind, and because those sins separated people from God, He wanted people to be forgiven so they could relate to Him and live with Him forever. Jesus said, “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.” (See John 3:16-17), and everyone is invited to believe in Jesus to enjoy the favor and grace of Jehovah God who stands ready to listen and respond to our cries.

Next time David says Your face, LORD, will I seek, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment