Monday, August 28, 2023

Hide Not Your Face - Psalms 27:9

In Psalms chapter twenty-seven David said, When you said, Seek you my face; my heart said unto you, Your face, LORD, will I seek” and in chapter twenty seven and verse nine of Psalms David said, “Hide not your face far from me” where we read,

Hide not your face far from me; put not your servant away in anger: you have been my help;

leave me not, neither forsake me, O God of my salvation.

The verse begins, Hide not your face far from me; put not your servant away in anger: you have been my help;”. David began with the words, “Hide not your face” which means “do not conceal, make secret and absent your, Jehovah God's, presence and countenance” “far from me” or “apart and separate from me, David” “put not your servant away” which means “do not stretch out, spread and thrust apart your, Jehovah God's, bondman, slave and man of servile condition” “in anger” or “with wrinkled nose and nostrils demonstrating wrath”: “you have been my help” which means “you, Jehovah God, have existed as my, David's, succor, assistant, aid and assurance”. David wanted Jehovah God not to conceal His presence and countenance from him nor to wrathfully thrust him away as a bondman because Jehovah God was David's assistant and aid giver.

The verse continues,leave me not, neither forsake me, O God of my salvation.” David added the words, “leave me not” or “do not cast off, reject and quit me, David”, “neither forsake me” which means “no and not in any way depart from and abandon me, David”, “O God” or “O Divine judge, ruler and Supreme God” “of my salvation” or “belonging to my, David's, rescue, deliverance and liberation”. David appealed to Jehovah God not to cast him off nor abandon him because He was the Supreme God of his rescue, deliverance and liberation.

When we meditate upon the words in this verse, we see how David desired the presence of Jehovah God in his life. He desired that God not conceal Himself nor abandon him because David knew Jehovah God was his savior and deliverer. God wants to be everyone's Savior, and those who humble themselves, come to Him through His Son Jesus and turn from their sins will find that God will rescue and save them from the penalty of sin. Jesus came to the world to die on the cross for the sins of the world, and everyone who believes and trusts in Him as their “Savior and Lord” will be forgiven of their sins, granted everlasting life with God and enjoy His presence throughout eternity. Let us give praise and honor to Jehovah God and His Son Jesus for not forsaking us and inviting and receiving us into an intimate relationship with them that offers “salvation” to us both now and forevermore.

Next time David shares what happens, When my father and my mother forsake me, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment