Sunday, August 27, 2023

Though a Host Encamp Against Me - Psalms 27:3

In Psalms chapter twenty-seven David said, “The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? When the wicked, even my enemies and my foes, came upon me to eat up my flesh, they stumbled and fell” and in chapter twenty seven and verse three of Psalms David said, “Though an host should encamp against me, my heart shall not fear” where we read,

Though an host should encamp against me, my heart shall not fear:

though war should rise against me, in this will I be confident.

The verse begins, Though an host should encamp against me, my heart shall not fear:”. David began with the words, “Though an host” which means “if and whether an encampment, army, company or body of people” “should encamp against me” or “incline, bend down or lay siege in opposition to me, David”, “my heart shall not fear” which means “my, David's, inner man, mind, knowledge, thinking, reflection, memory and seat of appetites, emotions and passions will in no way or manner be afraid, terrified or dread”. David said even if a whole body of opposing people should surround him, his inner man and soul would in no way be afraid and terrorized.

The verse continues,though war should rise against me, in this will I be confident.” David added the words, “though war” or “if and whether battles and fights” “should rise against me” which means “should stand, arise and become powerful in opposition to me, David”, “in this will I be confident” or “within the following statement would David trust, be secure and feel safe”. David shared how even “battles and fights” that arise against him would only cause him to trust and have faith in the LORD.

When we meditate upon the words in this verse, we learn how David enlarged the number of hateful people who were against him. He declared if they surrounded and rose up against him, he would be confident in Jehovah God. Let us imagine the volume of people who were “against” David, and there was certainly reason and cause for him to be afraid and terrorized. However, David knew Jehovah God, and he was well award of the omnipotence of God. David relied upon Jehovah God, and in the same manner God desires that we trust in, rely upon and cling to His Son Jesus as our “Lord and Savior”. When we invite Jesus to come into our lives, we will receive forgiveness for our sins, be granted everlasting life with Him and align ourselves with the greatest protector and provider in the world whom no one shall defeat regardless of whether they work in a group or alone.

Next time David says One thing have I desired of the LORD, that will I seek after, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment