Thursday, August 24, 2023

Your Lovingkindness Before My Eyes - Psalms 26:3

In Psalms chapter twenty-six David said, “Judge me, O LORD; for I have walked in my integrity. I have trusted also in the LORD; therefore I shall not slide. Examine me, O LORD, and prove me; try my reins and my heart”, and in chapter twenty six and verse three of Psalms David said, “your lovingkindness is before my eyes” where we read,

For your lovingkindness is before my eyes: and I have walked in your truth.

The verse begins, For your lovingkindness is before my eyes:”. David began with the words, “For your lovingkindness” which means “because, since and on account that your, Jehovah God's, goodness, kindness and faithfulness” “is before my eyes” or “exists in front and in the presence of my, David's, physical eyes or the showing of his mental and spiritual faculties”. David declared the “goodness, kindness and faithfulness” of Jehovah God was in front of his physical and spiritual eyes.

The verse continues,and I have walked in your truth.” David added the words, “and I have walked” or “and I, David, have ambled about, proceeded, traversed and moved” “in your truth” which means “within your, Jehovah God's, firmness, faithfulness, sureness, reliability, stability and continuance”. David shared how he ambled about and moved within the faithfulness, reliability and stability” of Jehovah God.

When we meditate upon the words in this verse, we see why David desired Jehovah God to “examine” and “try” him. David knew God's “lovingkindness”, which is the Old Testament word for grace, was always in his presence. The only way for anyone to “walk in truth” is by Jehovah God extending that ability to them, and as we surrender our lives to His Son Jesus who came to the earth to die on the cross for our sins, He will forgive us, grant us eternal life and lead us in His “grace” every day. God knows us and loves us, and when we yield our lives to Him, we will live in His amazing “grace and lovingkindness” and will proceed with His “truth” in our hearts and minds.

Next time David says, “I have not sat with vain persons, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment