Tuesday, August 29, 2023

The Goodness of the LORD - Psalms 27:13

In Psalms chapter twenty-seven David said, “Teach me your way, O LORD, and lead me in a plain path, because of my enemies. Deliver me not over unto the will of my enemies: for false witnesses are risen up against me, and such as breathe out cruelty” and in chapter twenty seven and verse thirteen of Psalms David said, “I had fainted, unless I had believed to see the goodness of the LORD”, where we read,

I had fainted, unless I had believed to see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living.

The verse begins, I had fainted, unless I had believed to see the goodness of the LORD ...”. David began with the words, “I had fainted” which means “I, David, would have grown numb, feeble and slacked”, “unless I had believed” or “except I, David, would have confirmed, had faith and trusted” “to see the goodness” which means “to observe, behold, perceive and look upon the beauty, joy, prosperity and favor” “of the LORD” or “belonging to Jehovah who is the existing One and the proper name for the One True God”. David shared how he would have grown numb, weak and feeble if he had not trusted in and relied upon the beauty, joy and favor of Jehovah God.

The verse continues, “... in the land of the living.” David added the words, “in the land” or “within the arable ground, territory, region and country” “of the living” which means “belonging to people who are alive, active, fresh and strong”. David shared how Jehovah God's favor and blessing was in the location of people who are alive and active.

When we think through the words in this verse, we learn how David knew his limitations for caring for his own life. “Enemies” were against him, but Jehovah God would sustain him. Difficulties, troubles and opposition were assaulting David at all times while he lived on the earth, and yet, Jehovah God was with him through them all. God loves people, and His desire is to have a personal relationship with every person who yields their life to His Son Jesus who died on the cross for their sins. God made a provision for us to rely upon Him, and while we are among “the land of the living”, we should give praise, honor and glory to the One who rules, reigns and provides protection against all “enemies” who rise up against us.

Next time David says, Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment