Thursday, August 24, 2023

Not Sitting with Vain Persons - Psalms 26:4

In Psalms chapter twenty-six David said, “Judge me, O LORD; for I have walked in my integrity. I have trusted also in the LORD; therefore I shall not slide. Examine me, O LORD, and prove me; try my reins and my heart. For your lovingkindness is before my eyes: and I have walked in your truth”, and in chapter twenty six and verse four of Psalms David said, “I have not sat with vain persons” where we read,

I have not sat with vain persons, neither will I go in with dissemblers.

The verse begins, I have not sat with vain persons, ...”. David began with the words, “I have not sat” which means “I, David, have not remained, stayed, abode, been set in place or dwelt” “with vain persons” or “alongside empty, nothing and worthless people whether male or female”. David shared how he did not stay, remain or dwell with people who were empty and worthless.

The verse goes on to say, “... neither will I go in with dissemblers.” David continued with the words, “neither will I go in” or “no and not in any way shall I, David, enter or be enumerated” “with dissemblers” which means “alongside concealed, secret and blind people”. David shared how he would not enter or be enumerated among people who concealed themselves and continued in secret.

When we think through the words in this verse, we learn now David kept himself apart from people who were empty and worthless, and he did not assemble himself with people who kept themselves in secret. The idea was that he did not keep company with people who were empty, vain and clandestine. David knew these people could corrupt him even as Paul the apostle wrote, “Be not deceived: evil communications corrupt good manners.” (See 1 Corinthians 15:33) Jehovah God's desire is to have an intimate personal relationship with every person through His Son Jesus, and when we yield ourselves to Him as our “Savior and Lord”, He will forgive our sins and grant us everlasting life. Our relationship with God through Jesus will keep us from “evil communications” or “wicked company”, and we shall give praise and honor to Him for all eternity for keeping us in alignment with Him.

Next time David says, “I have hated the congregation of evil doers, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment