Friday, July 28, 2023

All God's Judgments Before Me - Psalms 18:22

In Psalms chapter eighteen David said the LORD, “delivered me from my strong enemy, and from them which hated me: for they were too strong for me. They prevented me in the day of my calamity: but the LORD was my stay. He brought me forth also into a large place; he delivered me, because he delighted in me. The LORD rewarded me according to my righteousness; according to the cleanness of my hands has he recompensed me. For I have kept the ways of the LORD, and have not wickedly departed from my God”, and in chapter eighteen and verse twenty-two of Psalms David said, all his judgments were before me” where we read,

For all his judgments were before me, and I did not put away his statutes from me.

The verse begins, For all his judgments were before me, ...” David began with the words, “For all his judgments” which means “because, yes and indeed each, every, the whole and everyone of Jehovah God's ordinances, processes, procedures and causes” “were before me” or “existed as conspicuous, in front of and in sight of me, David”. David said each and everyone of Jehovah God's ordinances and procedures were in front and in the sight of him.

The verse goes on to say,... and I did not put away his statutes from me. David continued with the words, “and I did not put away” or “and I, David, in no way turned aside, departed from, avoided or removed” “his statutes from me” which means “Jehovah God's ordinances, limits, enactments and prescribed customs to be apart and separate from me, David”. David wrote how he in no way departed from the ordinances and prescribed ways of Jehovah God.

When we think through the words in this verse, we learn how Jehovah God's ordinances and procedures were not only within David's sight, but he also kept those commandments and did not violate them. This is when David believed himself to be rightly keeping the law of God, and therefore, he merited favor and blessings from God. Paul the apostle wrote, “For by grace are you saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.” (See Ephesians 2:8-9) In other words, no one “deserves” God's grace. He gives it freely to people who put their faith and trust in His Son Jesus. “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” (See John 3:16), and God desires to “give” us the gift of salvation through Jesus. Anyone who believes and trusts in Him as their personal “Savior and Lord” will be forgiven of their sins and granted everlasting life with God. Having and keeping the ordinances of Jehovah God before us is important, and when we submit to Jesus, He will help us maintain His law before us and obey it according to His Holy power.

Next time David shares how, I was also upright before him, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment