Tuesday, July 18, 2023

Preserve Me, O God - Psalms 16:1

Psalms chapter sixteen begins with the heading, “[[Michtam of David.]] which breaks down “Michtam” or “an engraving” “of David” which means “belonging to David whose name means beloved and was the second king of Israel”, and in Psalms chapter sixteen and verse one David said, Preserve me, O God: for in you do I put my trust where we read,

Preserve me, O God: for in you do I put my trust.

The verse begins, Preserve me, O God: David began with the words, “Preserve me” which means “keep guard, observe, give heed to and protect me, David”, “O God” or “O one true God and Supreme Deity”. David requested that the Supreme God keep guard over and protect Him.

The verse continues,for in you do I put my trust. David added the words, “for in you” or “because, since and on account that within you, Jehovah God” “do I put my trust” which means “do I, David, place, set and seek refuge, confide in and flee for protection”. David wrote how he placed His confidence and refuge within Jehovah God.

When we think through the words in this verse, we see how David relied upon Jehovah God for his preservation, and it is within Jehovah God that he puts his confidence. God wants us to request His protection and defense, and when we align with His salvation plan through His Son Jesus, we will be forgiven of our sins and granted everlasting life with Him. Jehovah God is to be praised for His willingness to “preserve” us and make Himself known in such a way that we will have confidence and faith in Him.

Next time David says, “You are my Lord: my goodness extends not to you, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment