Tuesday, July 25, 2023

In My Distress I Called Upon the LORD - Psalms 18:6

In Psalms chapter eighteen David said, “I will call upon the LORD, who is worthy to be praised: so shall I be saved from my enemies. The sorrows of death compassed me, and the floods of ungodly men made me afraid. The sorrows of hell compassed me about: the snares of death prevented me”, and in chapter eighteen and verse six of Psalms David said, in my distress I called upon the LORD” where we read,

In my distress I called upon the LORD, and cried unto my God:

he heard my voice out of his temple, and my cry came before him, even into his ears.

The verse begins, In my distress I called upon the LORD, and cried unto my God: David began with the words, “In my distress” which means “within my, David's, narrow, tight and adverse straits” “I called upon the LORD” or “I, David, called out, uttered aloud and proclaimed to Jehovah who is the existing One and the proper name for the One True God”, “and cried unto my God” which means “and shouted aloud to my, David's, Divine ruler, judge and Supreme God”. David said he “cried aloud and shouted” to Jehovah God as he declared him to be his “Supreme Deity, judge and ruler”.

The verse continues,he heard my voice out of his temple, and my cry came before him, even into his ears. David added the words, “he heard my voice” or “Jehovah God understood, listened to and gave heed to my, David's, sound and noise of uttered words, lightness and frivolity” “out of his temple” which means “from Jehovah God's palace, nave and sanctuary”, “and my cry” or “and my, David's, hallooing for help” “came before him” which means “in front, in the presence of and in the countenance of him, Jehovah God”, “even into his ears” or “indeed unto the hearing and audience of Jehovah God”. David wrote how Jehovah God listened to his words from His Divine Sanctuary, and David's plea for help was heard by the LORD.

When we think through the words in this verse, we see how David was in adverse and difficult circumstances. His life was on the line, and he cried out to Jehovah God who heard him. God never tells us that we will not face difficult times, and when we encounter them, we are to cry out to Him. He is willing to hear us because He sent His Son Jesus to die on the cross for our sins. Anyone who believes and trusts in Him as their personal “Savior and Lord” will be forgiven of their sins and granted everlasting life with God, and when we cry out to Him as adversaries oppose us, He will indeed hear us from His Divine Sanctuary.

Next time David says, The earth shook and trembled, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment