Tuesday, July 18, 2023

You are My Lord - Psalms 16:2

In Psalms chapter sixteen David wrote, “Preserve me, O God: for in you do I put my trust”, and in chapter sixteen and verse two of Psalms David said, “You are my Lord: my goodness extends not to you where we read,

O my soul, you have said unto the LORD, you are my Lord: my goodness extends not to you;

The verse begins, O my soul, you have said unto the LORD, you are my Lord: David began with the words, “O my soul” which means “O my, David's, inner man, heart, passion and emotion”, “you have said unto the LORD” or “you, David himself, have uttered, declared and proclaimed to Jehovah who is the existing One and the proper name for the One True God”, “you are my Lord” which means “you, Jehovah God, exist as my, David's, Supreme Deity and God”. David began to speak to his own “soul” and confirm that he declared that Jehovah God was indeed his God.

The verse goes on to say,my goodness extends not to you; David continued with the words, “my goodness” or “my, David's, pleasantness, agreeableness and excellence” “extends not to you” which means “apart from you, Jehovah God, I, David possess no good thing”. David declared that he would have no pleasantness or excellence if Jehovah God did not provide it to him.

When we consider the words in this verse, we learn how David declared Jehovah God to be his “Supreme God”. He also affirmed that any pleasantness or excellence that came to him originated from Jehovah God and not his own self. God loves people. He gave them life. He cares that their sins separate them from a personal relationship with Him, and He sent His Son Jesus to die on the cross to pay the penalty for sins. When a person yields themselves to Jesus, He will forgive their sins and grant them everlasting life with Him. Praise be to Jehovah God to whom we may say, “you are my Lord” as we realize everything we have originated with Him.

Next time David says God's goodness extends to, to the saints that are in the earth, and to the excellent, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".









 

No comments:

Post a Comment