Saturday, July 22, 2023

Kept from the Destroyer's Path - Psalms 17:4

In Psalms chapter seventeen David told Jehovah God, “You have proved my heart; you have visited me in the night; you have tried me, and shall find nothing; I am purposed that my mouth shall not transgress”, and in chapter seventeen and verse four of Psalms David said,by the word of your lips I have kept me from the paths of the destroyer” where we read,

Concerning the works of men, by the word of your lips I have kept me from the paths of the destroyer.

The verse begins, Concerning the works of men, ... David began with the words, “Concerning the works” which means “thinking about, in regards and respect to the recompense, reward and wages” “of men” or “belonging to people both male and female”. David recalled the “recompense and wages” of people as he presented his next point to Jehovah God in prayer.

The verse continues,... by the word of your lips I have kept me from the paths of the destroyer. David added the words, “by the word” or “through the means of the speech, utterance, declaration and proclamation” “of your lips” which means “belonging to your, Jehovah God's, language, speech and prating” “I have kept me” or “I, David, have guarded, given heed and kept watch over me, David” “from the paths” which means “apart and separate from the ways, manners and travels” “of the destroyer” or “belonging to the robber, murderer and violent tyrant”. David said Jehovah's words were what guarded and protected him from the ways and manners of the violent murderous one.

When we meditate upon the words in this verse, we see how David referred to the “recompense and wages” of people to compare to his “listening” to what Jehovah God had to say about the way to conduct his life. As David obeyed the LORD's words, Jehovah God “kept” him from the ways of the violent murderous one who is Satan. We have an opportunity to have God Almighty speak into our lives through His word and His Holy Spirit, and when we hearken unto Him, He will guide our steps in ways that avoid the “destruction” of Satan. God loves us, and He sent His Son Jesus into the world to die for our sins so that we may be forgiven and live eternally with Him. Praise be unto God who has given us His word to direct us in His ways that avoid destruction and align with His blessings and favor for our lives.

Next time David prays, hold up my goings in your paths, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment