Friday, July 28, 2023

Prevented in the Day of Calamity - Psalms 18:18

In Psalms chapter eighteen David said, “The LORD also thundered in the heavens, and the Highest gave his voice; hail stones and coals of fire. Yes, he sent out his arrows, and scattered them; and he shot out lightnings, and discomfited them. Then the channels of waters were seen, and the foundations of the world were discovered at your rebuke, O LORD, at the blast of the breath of your nostrils. He sent from above, he took me, he drew me out of many waters. He delivered me from my strong enemy, and from them which hated me: for they were too strong for me”, and in Psalms chapter eighteen and verse eighteen David shared how, they prevented me in the day of my calamity” where we read,

They prevented me in the day of my calamity: but the LORD was my stay.

The verse begins, They prevented me in the day of my calamity:” David began with the words, “They prevented me” which means “the strong adversary and enemies of David confronted, went before and forestalled me, David” “in the day of my calamity” or “at the time or period pertaining to my, David's, distress, burden and disaster”. David said his “enemies” confronted and forestalled him when his time of distress and disaster came.

The verse goes on to say,but the LORD was my stay. David continued with the words, “but the LORD” or “however, nonetheless, notwithstanding and moreover Jehovah who is the existing One and the proper name for the One True God” “was my stay” which means “existed as my, David's, protector, sustenance and support”.

When we meditate upon the words in this verse, we learn from David how his “enemies” confronted him at his time of distress, however, Jehovah God was his protector and support. David loved God, and God loved David. Jehovah God desires to have this type of intimate relationship with every person through His Son Jesus, and when we yield ourselves to Him, He will forgive our sins, grant us eternal life and be our protector and defense in troubles even though our adversaries confront us within them.

Next time David shares how the LORD, brought me forth also into a large place, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".

 








No comments:

Post a Comment