Saturday, July 15, 2023

My Enemy Says I Have Prevailed - Psalms 13:4

In Psalms chapter thirteen David asked, “How long will you forget me, O LORD? for ever? how long will you hide your face from me? How long shall I take counsel in my soul, having sorrow in my heart daily? how long shall my enemy be exalted over me? Consider and hear me, O LORD my God: lighten my eyes, lest I sleep the sleep of death”, and in Psalms chapter thirteen and verse four David said, “Lest my enemy say, I have prevailed against him” where we read,

Lest my enemy say, I have prevailed against him;

and those that trouble me rejoice when I am moved.

The verse begins, Lest my enemy say, I have prevailed against him;” David began with the words, “Lest my enemy say” which means “unless and except my, David's, hated foe and adversary utter, declare and proclaim”, “I have prevailed” or “I, David's hated foe and adversary, have overcome, been as victor, defeated and got the better” “against him” which means “in opposition to David”. David said if Jehovah God did not “consider and hear” him, his “hating adversary and foe” would declare that he overcame and defeated him.

The verse goes on to say,and those that trouble me rejoice when I am moved.” David continued with the words, “and those that trouble me” or “and the people who distress, oppress and afflict me, David” “rejoice when I am moved” which means “exult, be glad and be joyful at the time and moment I, David, am tottering, shaking, slipping and making decay”. David said his “hating adversaries and foes” would be glad and joyful at the time he was tottering, shaking and in decay.

When we think through the words in this verse, we learn how David thought he knew the future that awaited him should Jehovah God not “consider and hear” him. David believed his “enemies” would overcome him, and they would be joyful at the time he was tottering and shaking because of it. In other words, David believed his enemies would take great advantage of him if Jehovah God did not come to his rescue. God is in no way like this. God loves people, and when they yield to His Son Jesus as their “Savior and Lord”, He becomes their protection and provision for life. God will forgive the sins of everyone who submits to Jesus, and He will grant them everlasting life with Him in Heaven. Since Jehovah God has provided for the eternal things, how much more should we give Him praise and honor for providing earthly things as well.

Next time David says, But I have trusted in your mercy, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment