Monday, July 24, 2023

Satisfied with Your Likeness - Psalms 17:15

In Psalms chapter seventeen David prayed to Jehovah God about the wicked, Arise, O LORD, disappoint him, cast him down: deliver my soul from the wicked, which is your sword. From men which are your hand, O LORD, from men of the world, which have their portion in this life, and whose belly you fill with your hid treasure: they are full of children, and leave the rest of their substance to their babes”, and in chapter seventeen and verse fifteen of Psalms David said, I shall be satisfied, when I awake, with your likeness where we read,

As for me, I will behold your face in righteousness:

I shall be satisfied, when I awake, with your likeness.

The verse begins, As for me, I will behold your face in righteousness: David began with the words, “As for me” which means “concerning me, David”, “I will behold your face” or “I, David, will perceive, see and have a vision to your, Jehovah God's, presence, front and countenance” “in righteousness” which means “in justice, rightness, deliverance and victory”. David said he would look upon the countenance of Jehovah God's rightness and deliverance.

The verse goes on to say, I shall be satisfied, when I awake, with your likeness. David continues with the words, “I shall be satisfied” or “I, David, will exists as filled, surfeited, enriched and satiated”, “when I awake” which means “at the time and moment I, David, arouse and wake up”, “with your likeness” or “having Jehovah God's image, representation and semblance”. David declared that he would be satiated and enriched at the time that he woke up and resembled Jehovah God's image.

When we consider the words in this verse, learn how David purposed to keep his focus upon Jehovah God, and he would not stop doing so until the image of his own life was like unto God's. God loves people, and He has in mind the best for them. We can do no better than to be like God, and the first thing we must do is to yield to His Son Jesus as our personal “Savior and Lord”. Then God begins to change us step by step into His image, and we become a reflection of God to others. Let us give praise and honor to Jehovah God for His wonderful plan and purpose for people to be like Him.

Next time we begin a new chapter and see David say, I will love you, O LORD, my strength, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment