Tuesday, July 25, 2023

I Will Call Upon the LORD - Psalms 18:3

In Psalms chapter eighteen David said, “I will love you, O LORD, my strength. The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower”, and in chapter eighteen and verse three of Psalms David said, I will call upon the LORD, who is worthy to be praised” where we read,

I will call upon the LORD, who is worthy to be praised: so shall I be saved from my enemies.

The verse begins, I will call upon the LORD, who is worthy to be praised:. David began with the words, “I will call upon the LORD” which means “I, David, shall cry out, utter a loud sound, summon and invite Jehovah who is the existing One and the proper name for the One True God”, “who is worthy” or “who exists as deserving” “to be praised” which means “to shine, be boastful, praiseworthy and commended”. David declared that he would “cry out” to Jehovah God who deserves to be commended, honored and glorified.

The verse continues,so shall I be saved from my enemies. David added the words, “so shall I be saved” or “even so, thus and on account of the LORD, I, David, will be delivered, victorious and be liberated” “from my enemies” which means “separate and apart from my, David's, hating adversaries and foes”. David declared that he would be delivered and victorious over his adversaries and foes who hated him.

When we consider the words in this verse, we learn how David knew how to “cry out” to Jehovah God. Jehovah merits being glorified, credited and honored, and David knew he would be rescued and delivered from his adversaries by Him. In other words, David depended upon Jehovah God. God wants everyone to be in a personal relationship with Him through His Son Jesus, and when we yield ourselves to Him, He will forgive our sins, grant us eternal life and be our protector and defense against all who oppose us. Let praise and glory be given to Jehovah God who is “worthy to be praised” and honored among all mankind.

Next time David says, the sorrows of death compassed me, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment