Monday, July 17, 2023

I Will Sing Unto the LORD - Psalms 13:6

In Psalms chapter thirteen David said, “Consider and hear me, O LORD my God: lighten my eyes, lest I sleep the sleep of death. Lest my enemy say, I have prevailed against him; and those that trouble me rejoice when I am moved. But I have trusted in your mercy; my heart shall rejoice in your salvation”, and in Psalms chapter thirteen and verse six David said, “I will sing unto the LORD” where we read,

I will sing unto the LORD, because he has dealt bountifully with me.

The verse begins, I will sing unto the LORD, ...” David began with the words, “I will sing” which means “I, David, will make musical sounds with the voice especially words with a set tune” “unto the LORD” or “to Jehovah who is the existing One and the proper name for the One True God”. David declared that he would “sing” a song to Jehovah God for the following reason.

The verse goes on to say, “... because he has dealt bountifully with me.” David continued with the words, “because he has dealt bountifully” or “since and on account that he, Jehovah God, has recompensed, repaid and requited” “with me” which means “alongside and beside me, David”. David said he would “sing unto the LORD” because Jehovah God had “recompensed and repaid” him.

When we meditate upon words in this verse, we learn how David understood that the “LORD God” would care for him and repay his enemies. In other words, Jehovah God came to David's defense. David was troubled on every side by his adversaries, and he called out to God for help. God came to his aid, and now David was to break out in song for the LORD's rescue. God loves people, and He desires to have a personal relationship with everyone who will surrender to His Son Jesus as their “Savior and Lord”. Jesus was sent by God to the earth to pay the price of death on the cross for every sin in the world, and anyone who believes and trusts in Him will be forgiven of their sins and granted everlasting life. Praise be to the LORD God who comes to our rescue and brings us into a close relationship with Himself that will defeat of all enemies and foes and make us desire to “sing unto the LORD” with all our being.

Next time we begin a new chapter and see David say, the fool has said in his heart, there is no God, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".









 

No comments:

Post a Comment