Saturday, July 22, 2023

Proving My Heart - Psalms 17:3

In Psalms chapter seventeen David prayed, “Hear the right, O LORD, attend unto my cry, give ear unto my prayer, that goes not out of feigned lips. Let my sentence come forth from your presence; let your eyes behold the things that are equal”, and in chapter seventeen and verse three of Psalms David said,You have proved my heart” where we read,

You have proved my heart; you have visited me in the night; you have tried me, and shall find nothing; I am purposed that my mouth shall not transgress.

The verse begins, You have proved my heart; you have visited me in the night; you have tried me, and shall find nothing; David began with the words, “You have proved my heart” which means “you, Jehovah God, have examined, tried and tested my, David's, inner man, mind and soul”; “you have visited me” or “you, Jehovah God, have attended to, cared for, reckoned and looked after me, David” “in the night” which means “within the nighttime”; “you have tried me” or “you, Jehovah God, have refined, tested and proved me, David”, “and shall find nothing” which means “and will detect, attain and discover not one thing”. David understood that Jehovah God tested and tried his mind and soul, and he was confident that that God would not discover anything that was opposed to Him.

The verse goes on to say,I am purposed that my mouth shall not transgress. David continued with the words, “I am purposed” or “I, David, think, devise, imagine, plot and purpose” “that my mouth” which means “that my, David's, orifice in his face used for speaking and eating” “shall not transgress” or “will in no way pass over, alienate, do away with or traverse”. David wrote how he was resolved not to allow his “mouth” to speak any words that would be a violation against Jehovah God.

When we consider the words in this verse, we learn how David understood Jehovah God tested and tried his “soul”, attended to him during the night but would not find anything of which to accuse him. David resolved not to speak any words against Jehovah, and he would only use his speech to honor and praise Him. God desires this type of relationship with everyone. Jehovah will try us. He does so to “prove” to us what we are really like inside. Sometimes we are unaware of our speech, attitudes, actions and deeds that violate the principles of Jehovah God, and this is why He sent His Son Jesus to die on the cross for our errors, mistakes, transgressions and wrongs. God loves us, and when we submit to His Son Jesus, He will forgive our sins, grant us eternal life with Him and listen to us as we make our pleas before Him. Praise be unto God for His wonderful provision for us, and may we purpose to keep our words and deeds in line with His perfect plans and ways.

Next time David says, by the word of your lips I have kept me from the paths of the destroyer, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".









 

No comments:

Post a Comment