Friday, July 28, 2023

The LORD Recompensed Me - Psalms 18:24

In Psalms chapter eighteen David said, “I have kept the ways of the LORD, and have not wickedly departed from my God. For all his judgments were before me, and I did not put away his statutes from me. I was also upright before him, and I kept myself from my iniquity”, and in Psalms chapter eighteen and verse twenty-four David said, the LORD recompensed me” where we read,

Therefore has the LORD recompensed me according to my righteousness,

according to the cleanness of my hands in his eyesight.

The verse begins, Therefore has the LORD recompensed me according to my righteousness, ...” David began with the words, “Therefore has the LORD” which means “wherefore, then and for this reason and cause Jehovah who is the existing One and the proper name for the One True God” “recompensed me” or “returned, restored, repaired and requited to me, David” “according to my righteousness” which means “in agreement and conforming to my, David's, rightness, justice and covenant keeping”. David said Jehovah God “returned and restored” him on account of his covenant keeping.

The verse goes on to say,... according to the cleanness of my hands in his eyesight. David continued with the words, “according to the cleanness” or “in agreement and consonance of the purity” “of my hands” which means “belonging to my, David's, physical hands or works” “in his eyesight” or “within Jehovah God's mental and spiritual faculties”. David wrote how Jehovah God restored him because of the “purity” of His works while God was watching him.

When we meditate upon the words in this verse, we learn more about David's assessment of himself. He believed Jehovah God restored him because he was just and right, and he always kept the covenant of God. David believed the works of his own hands were pure, and this merited Jehovah God's favor and blessing. David knew it was important to keep the laws and commandments of God, and outwardly, he was among the best. However, as those who have studied the life of David know, he later failed miserably at these things. God knows people are sinful, and they need a “Savior”. He sent His Son Jesus to die on the cross for the sins of all mankind, and anyone who puts their faith and trust in Him will be forgiven of their sins and granted everlasting life with Him. David's words are indeed valid, and we should aspire to live righteously and purely before the LORD. When we fail to keep God's law and covenant, let us give praise and glory to Jehovah God for providing His mercy and grace through His Son Jesus to live in a manner that is pleasing to Him.

Next time David says, with the merciful you will show yourself merciful, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment