Friday, July 28, 2023

Brought into a Large Place - Psalms 18:19

In Psalms chapter eighteen David said the LORD, “delivered me from my strong enemy, and from them which hated me: for they were too strong for me. They prevented me in the day of my calamity: but the LORD was my stay”, and in chapter eighteen and verse nineteen of Psalms David shared how the LORD, brought me forth also into a large place” where we read,

He brought me forth also into a large place; he delivered me, because he delighted in me.

The verse begins, He brought me forth also into a large place;” David began with the words, “He brought me forth also” which means “Jehovah God went forward in advance of me, David, even so and indeed” “into a large place” or “to a broad, roomy or wide expanse”. David shared how Jehovah God indeed preceded him to a wide and roomy location.

The verse continues,he delivered me, because he delighted in me. David added the words, “he delivered me” or “Jehovah God equipped, rescued and invigorated me, David”, “because he delighted in me” which means “since and on account that Jehovah God took pleasure, liked and had favor in me, David”. David wrote how Jehovah God equipped and rescued him because he found pleasure in him.

When we think through the words in this verse, we learn through David how Jehovah God went before him into a wide expanse, and He rescued him because he was pleased with him. God wants to bring people into greater areas of relationship with Him, and He does this when a person believes and trusts in His Son Jesus. God loves everyone, and because their sins keep them separated from Him, He sent His Son Jesus to die on the cross to pay for those sins. Now anyone who yields themselves to Jesus as their “Savior and Lord” will be forgiven of their sins, granted eternal life and put on a path to please Him so He can bless them more. Praise be unto God the Father and Jesus Christ His Son for their wonderful plan of salvation and provision for all who trust in them.

Next time David shares how, The LORD rewarded me according to my righteousness, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment