Friday, July 28, 2023

Keeping the Ways of the LORD - Psalms 18:21

In Psalms chapter eighteen David said the LORD, “delivered me from my strong enemy, and from them which hated me: for they were too strong for me. They prevented me in the day of my calamity: but the LORD was my stay. He brought me forth also into a large place; he delivered me, because he delighted in me. The LORD rewarded me according to my righteousness; according to the cleanness of my hands has he recompensed me”, and in chapter eighteen and verse twenty-one of Psalms David said, I have kept the ways of the LORD” where we read,

For I have kept the ways of the LORD, and have not wickedly departed from my God.

The verse begins, For I have kept the ways of the LORD, ...” David began with the words, “For I have kept” which means “because, since and on account that I, David, have guarded, watched, protected and been as a watchman over” “the ways of the LORD” or “the road, journey, direction and course belonging to Jehovah who is the existing One and the proper name for the One True God”. David declared that he had watched over and guarded the direction and course of Jehovah God in his life.

The verse continues,... and have not wickedly departed from my God. David added the words, “and have not wickedly departed” or “and have in no way been guilty, condemned, troublesome and vexed” “from my God” which means “apart and separate from my, David's, Divine ruler, judge and Supreme God”. David wrote that he had was in no way guilty, troublesome or vexed apart from his Supreme God.

When we meditate upon the words in this verse, we learn how David thought himself to have merited the favor and blessing of Jehovah God. David guarded over and protected Jehovah's direction in his life, and he was not guilty of violating his relationship with the Supreme God. This testimony of David was prior to his failures, and many people align themselves with him as deserving of God's blessings. However, as Paul the apostle wrote, “there is none righteous, no, not one”. (See Romans 3:10); “all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God” (See Romans 3:23). Jesus said, “For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.” (See John 3:17). In other words, all people are sinners and are guilty and condemned before they have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. When we believe and trust in Jesus as our personal “Savior and Lord”, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and pour out His favor and blessings upon us on earth and in Heaven. Let us give praise, honor and glory to Jehovah God and Jesus Christ His Son for the opportunities of favor and blessings they extend to everyone who believes.

Next time David shares how, all his judgments were before me, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment