Saturday, July 15, 2023

Consider and Hear Me - Psalms 13:3

In Psalms chapter thirteen David asked, “How long will you forget me, O LORD? for ever? how long will you hide your face from me? How long shall I take counsel in my soul, having sorrow in my heart daily? how long shall my enemy be exalted over me?”, and in chapter thirteen and verse three David said, “Consider and hear me, O LORD my God” where we read,

Consider and hear me, O LORD my God: lighten my eyes, lest I sleep the sleep of death;

The verse begins, Consider and hear me, O LORD my God:” David began with the words, “Consider and hear me” which means “look upon, regard, have respect to, favor and answer, respond and speak to me, David”, “O LORD” or “O Jehovah who is the existing One and the proper name of the One True God” “my God” which means “my, David's, royal judge and Supreme ruler and God”. David asked Jehovah God to regard, have respect to and favor him while His listened to him.

The verse continues,lighten my eyes, lest I sleep the sleep of death;” David added the words, “lighten my eyes” or “shine upon, illuminate and kindle my, David's, physical eyes and ability to perceive, understand and see”, “lest I sleep” which means “unless or except that I, David, be asleep, remain a long time in, be stored up and inveterate” “the sleep of death” or “the state of dying by violence as a penalty”. David asked Jehovah God to illuminate his physical eyes of understanding and perception or otherwise he would experience the penalty of dying by violence.

When we meditate upon the words in this verse, we see how David believed his life was in danger, and if Jehovah God did not illuminate his understanding, he would die at the violent hands of his enemies. God loves this type of honesty before Him, and any time we share our true hearts with Him, He will respond to us in His perfect manner and way. God loves us, and His desire is to have a personal loving relationship with us through His Son Jesus. When we submit to Him, even when we do not understand what He is doing, He will care for us. He will forgive the sins of every person who believes and trusts in His Son Jesus, and He will also grant them eternal life. Praise be to the LORD God for His provision for us in this life and for all eternity.

Next time David says, Lest my enemy say, I have prevailed against him, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment