Sunday, July 30, 2023

Lighting My Candle - Psalms 18:28

In Psalms chapter eighteen David said, “With the merciful you will show yourself merciful; with an upright man you will show yourself upright. With the pure you will show yourself pure; and with the froward you will show yourself froward. For you will save the afflicted people; but will bring down high looks”, and in chapter eighteen and verse twenty-eight of Psalms David said, you will light my candle” where we read,

For you will light my candle: the LORD my God will enlighten my darkness.

The verse begins, For you will light my candle:” David began with the words, “For you” which means “because, since and on account that you, Jehovah God” “will light my candle” or “will shine, make bright and illuminate my, David's, lamp or burner”. David said Jehovah God would provide illumination for him.

The verse goes on to say,the LORD my God will enlighten my darkness. David continued with the words, “the LORD” or “Jehovah who is the existing One and the proper name for the One True God” “my God” which means “my, David's, Diving judge, ruler and Supreme God” “will enlighten my darkness” or “will cause David's obscurity and secret places to shine”. David wrote how Jehovah God, who was David's Supreme judge, ruler and God” would illuminate his obscurities and secret places.

When we think through the words in this verse, we see through David how Jehovah God was responsible for the illumination of David's path, and he knew God would expose any “dark” or “secret” ways he had within His life. God is omniscient, and there is nothing hidden from Him. He is able to bring to light everything we think or have in mind. He knows us, and yet, He sent His Son Jesus to die on the cross for our misdeeds, errors, mistakes and willful wrongs, and when we submit to Him as our personal “Savior and Lord”, He will continue to illuminate areas of our lives that He desires to change. Let us give praise and honor to God who wants us to be like Him even as John the apostle wrote, “I am the light of the world”. (See John 8:12)

Next time David says, by you I have run through a troop, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment