Friday, July 28, 2023

Delivered from a Strong Enemy - Psalms 18:17

In Psalms chapter eighteen David wrote, “The LORD also thundered in the heavens, and the Highest gave his voice; hail stones and coals of fire. Yes, he sent out his arrows, and scattered them; and he shot out lightnings, and discomfited them. Then the channels of waters were seen, and the foundations of the world were discovered at your rebuke, O LORD, at the blast of the breath of your nostrils. He sent from above, he took me, he drew me out of many waters”, and in chapter eighteen and verse seventeen of Psalms David shared how the LORD, delivered me from my strong enemy” where we read,

He delivered me from my strong enemy, and from them which hated me:

for they were too strong for me.

The verse begins, He delivered me from my strong enemy, and from them which hated me:” David began with the words, “He delivered me” which means “He, Jehovah God, snatched away, rescued and saved me, David” “from my strong enemy” or “separate and apart from my, David's, mighty and fierce foe and adversary”, “and from them which hated me” which means “and separate and apart from the people who were utterly hateful and odious to me, David”. David shared how Jehovah God rescued him from the mighty adversary who hated him, King Saul, and from the people who were utterly hateful toward him.

The verse continues,for they were too strong for me. David added the words, “for they” or “because, since and on account that the strong enemy of David and those who hated him” “were too strong for me” which means “existed as exceedingly brave, stout, bold, solid and hard for me, David”. David shared how the foes who hated him were stronger than him, and this caused him to need the reinforcement of Jehovah God.

When we consider the words in this verse, we learn how David not only recognized Jehovah God's salvation from his powerful “enemies”, but also how he understood his “enemies” were stronger than him. Many times people, circumstances and situations are beyond our ability to contain or control, and we need help us in our time of need. Jehovah God knows difficulties come into our lives, and He desires to have an intimate loving relationship with us through His Son Jesus so we can call upon Him with success in our troubles. God desires to forgive the sin in our lives which separate us from Him, and when we believe and trust in His Son Jesus as our “Savior and Lord”, He will forgive our sins, grant us eternal life and be with us against all the powerful “enemies” that we encounter. May all praise and glory be given unto Jehovah God who rescues and saves everyone who yields to His Son Jesus and calls upon His name.

Next time David shares how, they prevented me in the day of my calamity, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".









 

No comments:

Post a Comment