Saturday, July 15, 2023

Trusting in God's Mercy - Psalms 13:5

In Psalms chapter thirteen David said, “Consider and hear me, O LORD my God: lighten my eyes, lest I sleep the sleep of death. Lest my enemy say, I have prevailed against him; and those that trouble me rejoice when I am moved”, and in Psalms chapter thirteen and verse five David said, “But I have trusted in your mercy” where we read,

But I have trusted in your mercy; my heart shall rejoice in your salvation.

The verse begins, But I have trusted in your mercy;” David began with the words, “But I have trusted” which means “however, nonetheless, notwithstanding and moreover I, David, have confidence in, am secure and feel safe” “in your mercy” or “within your, Jehovah God's, goodness, kindness and faithfulness”. David employed the disassociation conjunction “but”, which declares what is about to be said takes precedence over what was just stated, to share how he put his confidence and faith in Jehovah God's goodness and faithfulness.

The verse continues,my heart shall rejoice in your salvation.” David added the words, “my heart shall rejoice” or “my, David's, inner man, mind, inclination, resolution, determination and soul will be glad and joyful” “in your salvation” which means “within your, Jehovah God's, deliverance, welfare, prosperity and victory”. David wrote how his “inner man and soul” would be joyful over Jehovah God's “deliverance and victory”.

When we consider the words in this verse, we learn how David turned his thoughts from the defeat he believed he would experience by his adversaries to Jehovah God who was “merciful” and provides joyful salvation to all who trust in Him. God loves people, and He desires to have a personal loving relationship with them through His Son Jesus. When we submit to Jesus, He will be merciful to us, forgive us, grant us everlasting life and provide His salvation forever. Let us give Him praise and honor for all His benefits to us even when we face adversaries and foes like David.

Next time David says, I will sing unto the LORD, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".









 

No comments:

Post a Comment