Monday, July 31, 2023

Teaches Hands to War - Psalms 18:34

In Psalms chapter eighteen David wrote, It is God that girds me with strength, and makes my way perfect. He makes my feet like hinds' feet, and sets me upon my high places”, and in chapter eighteen and verse thirty-four of Psalms David said, He teaches my hands to war” where we read,

He teaches my hands to war, so that a bow of steel is broken by my arms.

The verse begins, He teaches my hands to war, ...” David began with the words, “He teaches” which means “Jehovah God diligently instructs and goads” “my hands to war” or “my, David's, physical hands to battle and engage in fighting”. David said “God” Himself diligently instructed his physical hands to battle and engage in fighting.

The verse continues,... so that a bow of steel is broken by my arms. David added the words, “so that a bow of steel” or “in order that a hunting bow used by archers in battle or hunting made with copper or bronze” “is broken” which means “is pressed down, descended and penetrated” “by my arms” or “through the use of my, David's, physical forearms, shoulders or force as a symbol of strength”. David wrote how Jehovah God gave him the ability to draw back a bow made of copper or bronze through the use of his shoulders and arms.

When we meditate upon the words in this verse, we see how David depended upon Jehovah God to instruct him in the ways of “battle or war”, and he knew God provided the strength to draw back a warring or hunting bow made of copper or bronze. In other words, Jehovah God was David's provision. David gave honor and respect to God for giving him the ability to fight through battles in life, and when we come to Him through His Son Jesus as our personal “Savior and Lord”, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and extend to us His provision for whatever battles we encounter. God loves us, and we have the opportunity to love Him in return. May all praise, honor, glory and credit be given unto God who has given provision to us in this life and the life to come.

Next time David says, You have also given me the shield of your salvation, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment