Monday, July 31, 2023

Enlarged Steps - Psalms 18:36

In Psalms chapter eighteen David wrote, It is God that girds me with strength, and makes my way perfect. He makes my feet like hinds' feet, and sets me upon my high places. He teaches my hands to war, so that a bow of steel is broken by my arms. You have also given me the shield of your salvation: and your right hand has held me up, and your gentleness has made me great”, and in chapter eighteen and verse thirty-six of Psalms David said, You have enlarged my steps under me” where we read,

You have enlarged my steps under me, that my feet did not slip.

The verse begins, You have enlarged my steps under me, ...” David began with the words, “You have enlarged” which means “you, Jehovah God, have widened and made broad, large and roomy” “my steps under me” or “my, David's, paces and course of life beneath me, David”. David said Jehovah God broadened his “course of life” beneath him.

The verse continues,... that my feet did not slip. David added the words, “that my feet” or “so my, David's, physical feet or ankles” “did not slip” which means “in no way or manner slid, tottered or shook”. David wrote because God “enlarged” his “steps”, his physical feet or treading in no way tottered or shook.

When we consider the words in this verse we learn how Jehovah God provided David with a large and roomy pathway so his “feet” did not totter or shake. David did not have to carefully balance on a narrow beam because God provided a firm foundation upon which he could easily make his way. In other words, God helped David on his journey. He provided aid to David when there were places he might slip and fall, and God desires to have this same type of relationship with every person who yields to His Son Jesus. God sent Jesus to the world to die on the cross for the sins of mankind, and anyone who believes and trusts in Him will be forgiven of their sins, granted eternal life and have the provision of God to broaden the pathway for their feet wherever they may lead. Praise be unto Jehovah God for His goodness, willingness and firm foundation for all who surrender to His Son Jesus.

Next time David says, “I have pursued my enemies, and overtaken them”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment