Tuesday, July 25, 2023

The LORD is My Rock - Psalms 18:2

In Psalms chapter eighteen David said, “I will love you, O LORD, my strength”, and in chapter eighteen and verse two of Psalms David continued, The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer where we read,

The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.

The verse begins, The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust;. David began with the words, “The LORD” which means “Jehovah who is the existing One and the proper name for the One True God” “is my rock” or “exists as my, David's, strong hold and lofty crag or cliff”, “and my fortress” which means “and my, David's, stronghold, castle and defense”, “and my deliverer” or “and my, David's, safety, security and one who causes to escape”; “my God” which means “my, David's, one true, powerful, mighty and Supreme God”, “my strength” or “my, David's, rock or boulder like a refuge”, “in whom I will trust” which means “within who I, David, will seek for protection, confide or hope in”. David said Jehovah God was his stronghold, defense, security and Supreme God within whom he would place his confidence and hope.

The verse goes on to say,my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower. David continued with the words, “my buckler” or “my, David's, shield”, “and the horn” which means “and the power” “of my salvation” or “pertaining to my, David's, deliverance, victory, safety, welfare and prosperity”, “and my high tower” which means “and my, David's, refuge, secure height and retreat”. David wrote how Jehovah God existed as his “shield, power, deliverer and refuge”.

When we think through the words in this verse, we see how David referred to battle weapons and protective gear as he referred to Jehovah God's care over him. David employed a “rock, fortress, deliverer, strength, buckler, horn, salvation and high tower” to describe God's care and defense over his life. God desires a personal relationship with us through His Son Jesus that invites Him to forgive our sins, grant us eternal life and become our security and defense for everything that happens in our lives. We have no real security but in God, and we need no other. God loves us, and He exists as every weapon and stronghold we need against adversaries and circumstances that arise. Let all praise be given unto Jehovah God for His provision for us as we place our confidence and faith in Him.

Next time David says, I will call upon the LORD, who is worthy to be praised, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment