Friday, July 28, 2023

Rewarded According to My Righteousness - Psalms 18:20

In Psalms chapter eighteen David said the LORD, “delivered me from my strong enemy, and from them which hated me: for they were too strong for me. They prevented me in the day of my calamity: but the LORD was my stay. He brought me forth also into a large place; he delivered me, because he delighted in me”, and in chapter eighteen and verse twenty David shared how, The LORD rewarded me according to my righteousness” where we read,

The LORD rewarded me according to my righteousness;

according to the cleanness of my hands has he recompensed me.

The verse begins, The LORD rewarded me according to my righteousness;” David began with the words, “The LORD” which means “Jehovah who is the existing One and the proper name for the One True God” “rewarded me” or “dealt bountifully with, recompensed and requited me, David” “according to my righteousness” which means “from the point of my, David's, justice, rightness, prosperity and victory”. David said Jehovah God dealt bountifully with him because of his own justice, rightness and prosperity.

The verse goes on to say,according to the cleanness of my hands has he recompensed me. David continued with the words, “according to the cleanness” or “on the authority of the purity” “of my hands” which means “belonging to my, David's, physical hands or works” “has he recompensed me” or “has Jehovah God returned, brought back and restored me, David”. David wrote how Jehovah God restored him because of the purity of the works of his hands.

When we consider the words in this verse, we learn why David believed Jehovah God recompensed and restored him. David believed that he lived in a “right” manner, and his works were “pure” works which merited God blessing him. We note that this Psalm was written before David's failures, so he believed that he merited God's favor. Although Jehovah God desires to bless people, His blessings flow from His Divine nature of mercy and grace. All people are sinners, and none of them “deserve” or “merit” the grace of God, however, God was aware of this and He sent His Son Jesus to die on the cross for the sins of every person. When we believe and trust in Jesus, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and extend to us His Divine favor and blessings. From this relationship, we begin to bless Him in return as we work in His Kingdom for His glory, honor and praise.

Next time David shares how, I have kept the ways of the LORD, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment