Friday, July 21, 2023

Glad Heart and Glory Rejoicing - Psalms 16:9

In Psalms chapter sixteen David wrote, I have set the LORD always before me: because he is at my right hand, I shall not be moved”, and in chapter sixteen and verse nine of Psalms David said, “therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoices” where we read,

Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoices: my flesh also shall rest in hope.

The verse begins, Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoices: David began with the words, “Therefore my heart is glad” which means “so, thus, wherefore, forasmuch as and in such case my, David's, inner man, mind, soul, knowledge, thinking, reflection and memory exists as rejoicing, gleeful and joyful”, “and my glory rejoices” or “and my, David's, honor, dignity, abundance, riches, splendor and dignity exults, trembles and is joyful”. David said the result of him putting the LORD always before him was to have a gleeful soul and to be overjoyed in his honor and splendor.

The verse continues,my flesh also shall rest in hope. David added the words, “my flesh also” or “my, David's, body even so and indeed”, “shall rest in hope” which means “will settle down, abide, dwell, tabernacle and reside in security, safety and refuge”. David said even his body would settle down and reside in security and refuge because the LORD is before him.

When we meditate upon the words in this verse, we learn from David the result of having Jehovah God in his life. David relied upon the advice of God and the protection of God, and because God was always before him, David's soul rejoiced, his splendor was joyful and his physical body was at rest and secure. God desires to be involved in the lives of people, and He sent His Son Jesus to die on the cross for the sin in their lives which separated them from Him. By believing and trusting in Jesus as our personal “Lord and Savior”, we gain access to God's counsel, protection and provision according to His perfect plan and purpose. God loves us, and when we yield to His Son Jesus, we align with His will for all mankind and will praise Him forever for His lovingkindness.

Next time David says, you will not leave my soul in hell, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment