Thursday, July 20, 2023

Lines Fallen into Pleasant Places - Psalms 16:6

In Psalms chapter sixteen David wrote, “The LORD is the portion of my inheritance and of my cup: you maintain my lot”, and in chapter sixteen and verse six of Psalms David said, “The lines are fallen unto me in pleasant places” where we read,

The lines are fallen unto me in pleasant places; yes, I have a goodly heritage.

The verse begins, The lines are fallen unto me in pleasant places; David began with the words, “The lines are fallen unto me” which means “the cords, ropes, territories and measuring bands are apportioned, assigned and lay prostrate by lot to me, David” “in pleasant places” or “within delightful, sweet, lovely and agreeable locations”. David said the boundaries of the property or locations allotted to him were delightful and lovely.

The verse goes on to say,yes, I have a goodly heritage. David continued with the words, “yes, I have” or “also, indeed and furthermore, I, David, hold, own and possess” “a goodly heritage” which means “a pleasing, beautiful, fair, comely, bright and glistening property, inheritance, portion and share”. David wrote that he indeed obtained and possessed a beautiful and pleasing inheritance.

When we meditate upon words in this verse, we learn how David understood that the property allotted to him was given to him by Jehovah God. Everything is God's, and He distributes it as He deems best. Some have much, and others have little, but the truth is that it is all owned by Him. God desires to have a personal relationship with every person through His Son Jesus, and when we submit ourselves to Him as our “Savior and Lord”, He forgives our sins and and grants us everlasting life with Him. This is our greatest inheritance, and anything that we receive on earth should be credited to Jehovah God even as David did - “yes, I have a goodly heritage”.

Next time David says, I will bless the LORD, who has given me counsel, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".




 

No comments:

Post a Comment