Saturday, July 22, 2023

Hold Up My Goings - Psalms 17:5

In Psalms chapter seventeen David told Jehovah God, “You have proved my heart; you have visited me in the night; you have tried me, and shall find nothing; I am purposed that my mouth shall not transgress. Concerning the works of men, by the word of your lips I have kept me from the paths of the destroyer”, and in chapter seventeen and verse five of Psalms David said,hold up my goings in your paths” where we read,

Hold up my goings in your paths, that my footsteps slip not.

The verse begins, Hold up my goings in your paths, ... David began with the words, “Hold up my goings” which means “grasp, attain and support my, David's, steps” “in your paths” or “within your, Jehovah God's, entrenchment, rampart and track”. David asked Jehovah to support his steps as he journeyed.

The verse goes on to say,... that my footsteps slip not. David continued with the words, “that my footsteps” or “so my, David's, occurrences, repetitions and strokes” “slip not” which means “do not totter, shake and be overthrown”. David desired that Jehovah support his steps in traveling so he would not be shaken or overthrown.

When we think through the words in this verse, we understand through David depended upon Jehovah God to support him through life. God desires to be intimately involved in our lives, and He sent His Son Jesus to die for our sins which separated us from Him. He did this so He could guide us, support us and lead us through our daily travels. God loves people, and when we submit to His Son Jesus, He will forgive us of our sins, grant us eternal life and lead and uphold us regardless of what we encounter. Let all praise, honor and glory be to Jehovah God and His Son Jesus for creating us and desiring to be a blessing to us every day.

Next time David says, I have called upon you, for you will hear me, O God, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment