Sunday, July 30, 2023

Running Through a Troop - Psalms 18:29

In Psalms chapter eighteen David said of Jehovah, “you will light my candle: the LORD my God will enlighten my darkness”, and in chapter eighteen and verse twenty-nine of Psalms David said, “by you I have run through a troop where we read,

For by you I have run through a troop; and by my God have I leaped over a wall.

The verse begins, For by you I have run through a troop;” David began with the words, “For by you” which means “because, since and on account that through means of you, Jehovah God” “I have run through a troop” or “I, David, have darted swiftly, moved quickly and hurried through a band or marauding and raiding division of an army”. David said by Jehovah God's help he was able to “swiftly move” through a marauding division of an army.

The verse continues,and by my God have I leaped over a wall. David added the words, “and by my God” or “and through the means of my, David's, Divine judge, ruler and Supreme God” “have I leaped” which means “have I, David, sprung up and jumped” “over a wall” or “over a barrier and protective wall”. David wrote how he was able to spring over a “barrier wall” with the aid of Jehovah God.

When we consider the words in this verse, we learn how David knew the source of his abilities. Jehovah God helped him to move quickly through military troops, and He gave him the strength and agility to abound over walls like obstacles that would keep him outside. Jehovah God desires to have an intimate, personal relationship with every person who yields to His Son Jesus, and when we submit to Him, He will give us the ability to do things we never thought possible before. God gives gifts unto people, and when we use them to promote His will, ways and purpose, we may be assured that He will bless us both now and forever.

Next time David says, As for God, his way is perfect, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment