Sunday, July 23, 2023

Protected from the Wicked and Deadly Enemies - Psalms 17:9

In Psalms chapter seventeen David prayed to Jehovah God, “Keep me as the apple of the eye, hide me under the shadow of your wings, ...”, and in chapter seventeen and verse nine of Psalms David asked Jehovah God to keep him,from the wicked that oppress me, from my deadly enemies” where we read,

From the wicked that oppress me, from my deadly enemies, who compass me about.

The verse begins, From the wicked that oppress me, ... David began with the words, “From the wicked” which means “apart and separated from the criminal, guilty and hostile to God” “that oppress me” or “who deal violently with, despoil, devastate, ruin and spoil me, David”. David wanted Jehovah to protect him from the people who despoil, devastate, ruin and spoil him.

The verse goes on to say,... from my deadly enemies, who compass me about. David continued with the words, “from my deadly enemies” or “apart and separate from my, David's, hating adversaries and foes”, “who compass me about” which means “who surround, encompass and enclose me, David, all around”. David wanted Jehovah God to protect him from the hating adversaries and foes who surrounded him.

When we consider the words in this verse, we learn how David desired to be protected and delivered by Jehovah God. David loved the LORD God, and God loved him. God is all-powerful, and He is able to subdue anyone who comes against Him people. God wants to have a personal loving relationship with everyone who will submit to His Son Jesus, and when they do, He will forgive their sins, grant them everlasting life and watch over them. Let us give praise and honor to Jehovah God and His Son Jesus who will deliver and protect us for all eternity.

Next time David says, they are enclosed in their own fat, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment